Eximbank of Russia
Eximbank of Russia, a Russian specialized government–owned export–import bank was founded as a joint-stock company in 1994 under Directives No. 633 ‘On Establishment of the Export–Import Bank of Russia’ dated 7 July 1993 and No. 16 ‘On the Export–Import Bank of Russia’ dated 11 November 1994 of the Russian Government.
The Bank operates under General License No. 2790–g of 18 April 1994 (as amended on 26 December 1996 and
8 October 2002).
The Bank offers a full range of corporate banking services.
THE BANK’ S MISSION
Eximbank of Russia was founded to implement the government’ s policy of supporting and encouraging national exports of Russian engineering products. In acting as an agent of the Russian Government for providing government guarantees and financial support to Russian exports, Eximbank of Russia actively helps to:
- widen the range of national exporters and their target countries;
- keep Russian companies competitive in the global market;
- launch import substitution, including innovative;
- attract investment in the Russian economy; and
- create new jobs in the country.
Eximbank of Russia virtually acts as a national Export Credit Agency (ECA).